Nothing beats sitting by the campfire surrounded by friends. You’re eating smores, drinking beer and cracking jokes… If only you knew some camp-related puns to tell!
Don’t worry, I’ve got you covered. I’ve made a list of all the camping jokes I’ve ever heard to this day. There’s something for everyone’s taste, from knock knock jokes to corny dad jokes. Let’s jump straight in!
Best Camping Jokes
Here are some of the best camping puns and jokes I’ve heard. Great for telling when gathered around the campfire, making s’mores.
- Why did the robot decide to go camping? Because it needed to recharge its batteries.
- What do you call an amazing day up a mountain? A ‘peak’ experience.
- You should dress up warm when camping in the Andes. That place is Chile.
- What’s the most dangerous mountain to camp in the world? Kill-a-man-jaro.
- What do you call a group of grizzlies cracking up together? A BEARel of laughs.
Best RV Jokes
Here are some funny jokes that will make any RV lover roll on the floor laughing.
- Why didn’t the elephant bring a suitcase on his RV trip? Because he already had a trunk.
- How many RVers does it take to change a light bulb? Only one… the others are dealing with their greywater issues.
- RV Having Fun Yet?
- What happens in the camper stays in the camper!
- A motorhome got hopelessly bogged down in a muddy hole along a dirt road. After a few minutes, a passing farmer drove by on his tractor and offered to pull him out for only $100. After the motorhome was back on dry ground, the RVer said to the farmer, “You must be making a pretty penny pulling vehicles out of this mud night and day!”
“Well,” replied the farmer, “I only pull folks out during the day. At night I have to haul water to fill up the hole.”
- A man who had recently arrived at an RV campground noticed a dog resting beside an RVer who was relaxing in a lawn chair.
“Excuse me, sir, does your dog bite?” the newly arrived camper asked. The RVer looked up over his newspaper and replied, “Nope.”
So the camper approached the dog, but it began snarling and growling viciously. He quickly backed away then yelled angrily, “You said your dog didn’t bite!”
The RVer muttered, “That ain’t my dog.”
- Cop pulls over a swerving RV.
Cop: I am going to have to arrest you for driving while intoxicated.
Guy: You can’t arrest me, I am already home.
Camping Dad Jokes
Dad jokes, otherwise known as really bad humor, are inevitable on any list. Paradoxically, there’s something about these awful jokes that gets me cracking up every time.
- Where do goldfish go camping? Around the globe!
- Which day of the week is best for camping on the beach? SUNday.
- Why is it never relaxing when two couples go camping? Two tents.
- What do fir trees always remember to bring when camping near a lake? Their swimming trunks.
- What type of footwear do frogs wear camping during the summer? Open toad shoes.
- What did the campers say about the campfire? They gave it GLOWING reviews.
- You can’t run through a campsite. You can only ran…Why? Because it’s past tents.
- How do you communicate with a fish? Drop it a line.
- What did the father say to his daughter when her marshmallows kept falling into the campfire? Stick with it.
- What do you call a bear with no teeth? A gummy bear.
- What do you call a murderer who goes camping? Criminal intent.
- What did the mountaineer say to the camper who gave him directions? Thanks, that really Alps me out.
- Why don’t mummies go camping? They’re afraid to relax and unwind!
- Did you hear about the kidnapping in the woods? It’s alright – he woke up.
Camping Knock Knock Jokes
Knock knock jokes are loved by both kids and adults. Here are some funny ones that will make everyone burst into laughter.
- Knock, knock!
Ice cream who?
Ice cream if you don’t let me in!
- Knock, knock!
Who is there?
RV there yet or not?
- Knock, knock!
Armageddon a little bored. Let’s go out.
- Knock, knock!
Canoe come out and play with me?
- Knock, knock!
Scold outside the tent.
- Knock, knock!
Moose you. Hope you’re having fun at sleep-away camp!
Camping Jokes For Kids
Here’s a list of the jokes that will keep your kids giggling for hours.
- Why does Humpty Dumpty love camping in autumn? Because Humpty Dumpty had a great fall.
- What’s brown, hairy and can be found in a tent? A coconut camping.
- Where do all the cows go camping? They go to upstate Moo York.
- If you have 3 sleeping bags in one hand and 3 sleeping bags in the other, what do you have? Pretty big hands.
- Why did the bread want to go camping? So it could loaf around.
- Have you heard about the camper that broke his left arm on his last camping trip? Well, he’s all right now.
- Where do birds like to go on camping vacations? The Canary Islands.
- Where do sharks go camping? Finland.
- What did the beaver say to the tree? “It’s been nice gnawing you!
- Where did the sheep go camping? The Baa-hamas!
- What do you call a camper without a nose or a body? Nobodynose.
- What outdoor sport do spiders like when camping? Fly fishing.
- What warm drink helps mom relax when they’re camping? Calm-omile tea.
Jokes About Camping
Here are some more general camping jokes that you can laugh to with your camping buddies.
- How do you prevent your sleeping bag from being stretched out? Don’t sleep too LONG in it.
- How do computer programmers make extra money in the summer? They take on part-time jobs helping campers get rid of bugs.
- If you ever get cold while camping, just stand in the corner of a tent for a while. They’re normally around 90 degrees.
- If you’re in the woods, how can you tell if a tree is dogwood? By its bark.
- What’s another name for a sleeping bag? A nap sack.
- What do you say to a tent with a split personality? You’re two tents?
- It only costs a few bucks to get into our local aquarium if you’re camping nearby or dressed as a dolphin.
Yup, for all in tents and porpoises, it’s free!
- What do you call a vegetable who loves going to summer camps? It’s the Brussels Scouts!
- Your mum’s so fat the bears have to hide their food from her when she goes camping.
- What type of chair is good at yoga? A folding chair.
- Have you heard about the man who went to buy some camouflage tents the other day? He couldn’t find any.
- Why are mountains the funniest place to camp? Because they are hill-arious!
- What is a tree’s favorite drink? Root beer.
- What did the polar bears say when they saw tourists in sleeping bags? “Soft tacos!”
- How do trees access the internet? They log in.
- Are you done with the bad jokes? I can’t bear it!
Dirty Camping Jokes
No kids around? I’ve found two “dirty” camping jokes that will keep your crowd laughing.
- Did you hear about the camper who got arrested for walking naked in the mountains of South America? He got done for Andes-cent exposure.
- My girlfriend says you have the best sex ever at camping grounds. I tent to agree.
Fully Camping Jokes
Are you a good storyteller? Here are some long camping jokes that will crack your friends up. As long as you can tell the full joke without laughing…
- While sitting around a campfire, a boy asks his father, “Dad, are bugs good to eat?”
“That’s disgusting. Don’t talk about things like that over dinner,” the dad replies.
After dinner the father asks, “Now, son, what did you want to ask me?”
“Oh, nothing,” the boy says. “There was a bug in your soup, but now it’s gone.”
- A 12-year-old boy goes camping for the first time in the woods with his father. After they have set up camp he asks his dad where he can go to the toilet.
“That’s the beauty of camping in the woods,” the father replies, “You can go to the toilet wherever you want.”
After five minutes or so, the young lad wanders back to the campfire.
“So, where did you go to the toilet then, son?” The father asks.
“In your tent,” the boy replies.
- Sherlock Holmes and Dr Watson go on a camping trip together. After eating their dinner around the campfire they retire to the tent to go to sleep. A few hours later Sherlock wakes up.
“Watson, are you awake?” He asks.
“Yes sir. What is it?” Answers Watson.
“Look up and tell me what you see.” Asks Holmes.
“I see billions of stars,” says Watson.
“And what does that tell you Watson,” asks Holmes.
“Well,” says Dr Watson, ” Astronomically, it tells me that there are millions of galaxies and potentially billions of planets. Astrologically, I observe that Saturn is in Leo. Horologically, I deduce that the time is approximately a quarter past three. Theologically, I can see that God is all-powerful and that we are small and insignificant. Meteorologically, I suspect that we will have a beautiful day tomorrow.” “Why? – What does it tell you, Holmes?” Holmes is quiet for a moment then says: “It tells me that someone has stolen our tent.”
- Teacher: “If I gave you 2 tents and another 2 tents and another 2, how many would you have?”
Teacher: “No, listen carefully… If I gave you two tents, and another two tents and another two, how many would you have?”
Teacher: “Let me put it to you differently. If I gave you two apples, and another two apples and another two, how many would you have?”
Teacher: “Good. Now if I gave you two tents, and another two tents and another two, how many would you have?”
Teacher: “Johnny, where, in the heck, do you get seven from?!”
Johnny: “Because I already own a tent!”
- I went on a camping trip with my wife, kids, and mother-in-law. At night, my wife awoke to find her mother gone. Rushing to me, she insisted on trying to find her mother. I picked up my rifle, took a swig of whiskey, and started to look for her. In a clearing not far from the camp, we came upon a chilling sight, the mother-in-law was backed up against a thick, impenetrable bush, and a large bear stood facing her.
My wife cried, “What are we going to do?” “Nothing,” I said. “The bear got himself into this mess, let him get himself out of it.”
One-Liner Camping Jokes
If you can’t make it to the third sentence without bursting in a laugh, here are some short jokes to tell.
- When going to the bathroom in the woods, you’re going to have to use the facilitrees!
- I’ve always wanted to try camping, But I’ve heard it’s really in tents.
- Camping is where you spend a small fortune to live like a homeless person.
- Smokers are great people to go camping with. You can easily outrun them if a Bear attacks.
- I slept like a log last night. I woke up on the campfire…
- The mountains in Switzerland are incredible. And their flag is a big plus as well.
Redneck Camping Jokes
Finally, we can’t forget the good ol’ redneck jokes that are so bad it’s hilarious.
- One day, Sven and Ole were hunting, and suddenly a man came running out of the bushes yelling, “Don’t shoot! Don’t shoot! I’m not a deer!” Ole raised his gun and shot him dead. Sven said, “Ole, why did you shoot that man? He said he wasn’t a deer!” And Ole replied, “Oh! I thought he said he was a deer!”
- Give a man a fish and you feed him for a day. But teach a man to fish and you get rid of him for the whole weekend.
- A bear walks into a restaurant and says, “I’d like water …and some of those peanuts.” The server says, “Sure, but why the big paws?”Ole and Sven went on a fishing trip to Canada and come back with only three fish, and Sven says, “The way I figger it, Ole, each of them fish cost us $400.” “Well. At dat price it’s a good ting we didn’t catch any more of ’em than we did.”
- When the couple fell in love, they carved their initials into a tree. After they got married, they added a year. And for each kid, they carved their initials. Then one day, while the couple went camping, the tree fell over and flattened their tent, which goes to show, karma’s a birch.
To Sum Things Up
That’s all I’ve got for you today, but it’s surely enough to keep your camping buddies laughing the whole trip.
Now, if you are interested in more fun to be had while camping check out our other great lists of camping memes, camping quotes, campfire stories, and of course a comprehensive list of camping activities.