In case you’re running out the door, my favorite 3 room tent is the CORE 12-Person Instant Cabin Tent.
If you’re like me, you enjoy camping in large groups from time to time. But, finding a good spot to pitch 1 tent is hard enough. Finding a good spot to pitch 3 tents close to one another is a whole other level of hard.
That’s where 3 room tents come in. A multi room tent is the best option when it comes to group camping.
So, I’ve done some research and put together a list of my favorite 3 room tents.
Let’s dive right in!
Table of Contents
Best 3 Room Tent: Our Top 5 Recommendations
- CORE 12 Person Instant Cabin Tent (Best 3 Room Tent Overall)
- Tahoe Gear Ozark 16-Person Cabin Tent (Best For Large Families)
- Ozark Trail 10-Person Family Tent (Best For Experienced Campers)
- Slumberjack Overland 10-Person Tent (Best 3 Room Tent For Summer Camping)
- Ozark Trail 12-Person 3-Room Instant Cabin Tent (Best 3 Room Glamping Tent)
CORE 12 Person Instant Cabin Tent
The tent comes with many incredible features. One of the stand-out features is that it can be set up in a matter of minutes by unpacking, unfolding and extending the legs until they click.
For a large camping tent, this was impressive. You don’t need a whole group of people to set this tent up.
The space inside the tent is exceptionally large and versatile. The tent can fit ten adults in sleeping bags with a little extra floor space for baggage.
If you’re a tall person, like me, you don’t need to worry. This tent has a huge center height.
The CORE is split into three separate rooms by two detachable dividers. Meaning, you can set the tent up differently every time you camp. The two large doors on either side of the tent make working with large groups hassle-free.
The detachable, water repellent rain fly keeps you dry in the rain but also gives you better airflow in the hotter months.
The advanced venting system in the tent is also a great feature. It brings cooler air into the tent from the ground and lets the warm air out through the top of the tent (heat rises, right). The vents are adjustable, so you can close them in the winter to stay warm.
- The versatile design gives you tons of options – you can remove the rain fly, adjust the venting system, or remove a divider to customize your camping experience
- I love the pre-attached tent poles, as they make set up extremely easy – just unpack, unfold, and click into place
- CORE’s advanced venting system allows for a cooler tent in hot weather and the ability to keep heat in during winter
- For its size, this tent is affordable for all
- Hugely weather resistant – the tent can withstand strong winds and heavy rain with ease due to its sturdy frame and high-quality material
- 1 Year Warranty may seem a little short if you don’t camp that much
- Since it’s got a large surface area, packing the tent might be difficult
Best for: anyone – whether it’s a group of friends getting together or a family camping trip away, this tent performs!
Tahoe Gear Ozark 16-Person Cabin Tent
With a sturdy frame and high-grade polyester material, this tent was able to withstand strong weather in most cases with minimal leakage. The rain fly is made out of 1200mm polyester with taped seams. This extends over the door for added protection from the elements on rainy days.
The open mesh design allows for a great automatic ventilation system, stopping the tent from getting too hot. Cooler air can also enter the tent through the durable polyethylene floor.
For transportation purposes, the tent comes with a strong carry bag that contains all the tent parts. Unpacking the tent is remarkably easy, with the shock-corded poles attached making set up even easier.
- Tahoe’s high-grade polyester exterior can take quite the beating from the elements
- The durable carry bag makes travel simple and convenient – ideal for those in a hurry
- I like the power port (by the door), which allows you to charge your devices inside the tent
- There’s plenty of center height (7 feet tall!) so taller individuals will have no problem standing up
- Lots of mesh windows and vents provide excellent airflow
- The floor vents can sometimes allow leakage in extremely wet environments
- Fiberglass poles are not the best – it might be worthwhile to invest in aluminum poles
Best for: large families that want a spacious tent that offers superior rain protection.
Ozark Trail 10-Person Family Tent
The storage pockets with rollback flies are perfect for added ventilation in the hotter times of the year. These work so well that you can kind of set the temperature inside the tent, like a thermostat.
The tent is constructed of fiberglass poles, which have been viewed in a bad light in the past. However, in this particular tent, they’re sturdy and ready to do their job when battling the elements.
On top of that, its price tag is not that hefty, making it a nice little steal. This brand has become a mainstay in the tent world, and you’ll soon see why.
All in all, this Ozark tent comes with all the essentials a large family camping tent needs, including a ground cloth, which some tents don’t come with. All you have to do is purchase this tent and you’ll be ready to go on all your future outdoor adventures!
- The fiberglass frame is sturdier than others I’ve seen in the past, giving you one less thing to worry about when camping
- The included groundsheet means you’ll be ready to go as soon as the tent is in your hands
- 2 doors and 2 removable dividers make this tent a very flexible product
- More affordable than some of the other tents here, albeit smaller
- Easily fits two queen-sized air mattresses, and maybe one more twin size if needed
- The instructions can be unclear and hard to follow for an inexperienced camper – make sure you set it up at your house before taking it into the wild
Best for: experienced campers who’ve pitched a few tents in their time.
Slumberjack Overland 10-Person Tent
The Slumberjack Overland is a tunnel tent with enough floor space to easily and comfortably fit 8 adults if needed. With 3 separate rooms, there’s plenty of space for any gear required for a fun camping trip.
The lightweight and compact construction allow for easy assembly. But be warned, this tent is huge, even for 10 people.
With a large living space between two very generous bedrooms, this tent is great for an extended stay wherever you camp. It’s like a home away from home!
One thing that might be an issue for some people is that this is not a free-standing tent. So, make sure you’re cool with tying down guylines if you get this tent. You’ll need them for better stability in the wind.
The tent comes with a fantastic carry bag that makes storage after camping very easy.
The multiple large windows on the tent allow for perfect ventilation in the summer, and the ability to close them keeps heat in when it’s colder out.
- The ventilation system allows for a cool tent in the summer and a warm, home-like tent when it gets cold out
- The tent, for its size, is very lightweight and easy to transport
- All 3 rooms can fit a queen-sized air mattress
- For its hulking size, this tent can squeeze into anyone’s budget
- Tons of room – built like an old western Conestoga wagon
- To be secure and stable in windy conditions, all guylines need to be tied down – this tent does not stand like most others due to its tunnel shape
Best for: summer campers who want tons of elbow room, but don’t need top tier rain protection.
Ozark Trail 12-Person 3-Room Instant Cabin Tent
This Ozark Trail tent weighs 61 pounds, which is quite heavy, even for a tent of this size. But, don’t let that deceive you. After some practice, you’ll be able to pitch this tent and take it down without a hitch, in as little as 2 minutes.
The tent can fit 3 queen-sized airbeds with an extremely spacious interior for sleeping, hanging out and camping gear storage.
It has 7 fully closable windows for ventilation during the summer months, and several vents to assist with airflow.
In the center, the inner tent stands at just under 7 feet. So if you’re tall, no worries about bumping your head.
The tent also comes with power outlet capability to allow you to charge your electronics. This is a great addition to any tent and in my opinion, a necessity.
Coming with pre-attached poles makes the setup of the tent extremely easy, and packing it up is just as simple. The carrying bag allows for all the parts to be stowed away easily in just a few minutes.
- The power outlet allows you to light up the tent and power any electronics you might need
- The taped and sealed seams make for great, durable protection from the elements whenever needed
- Having 7 fully closable windows on this tent makes for great visibility during the day and sublime privacy during the night – they also add airflow, keeping the cabin cool
- The L-shaped design gives you plenty of privacy and a big covered porch
- Ozark’s T-style door allows you to move big furniture in and out without struggling to squeeze it through the door
- At first, the material and the poles may be stiff and rigid – but, this goes away after a few setups
- Although the material itself is lightweight, the whole tent is on the heavier side, making it a little awkward to travel with
Best for: large-sized parties, glampers, and those who camp in pre-existing campsites.
Choosing The Best 3 Room Tent
Planning a camping trip with a large group can be hard. From the equipment, to travel plans, to bringing everyone’s favorite foods, nothing is easy.
However, you can smooth out your trip by choosing the right tent. Use the pointers below to prevent any unnecessary headaches.
- Weather – Planning for the right weather conditions is extremely important, even if the weather can be unpredictable. If there’s any chance it could rain, make sure your tent has a secure rain fly. If it’s summer, make sure you have a tent with lots of windows.
- Space – “The more space, the better” doesn’t necessarily apply here. You should look for a tent that gives a good amount of room to move around but also does not have too much free space. If you have too much free space, you’re going to have a hard time keeping it warm at night!
- Function – What kind of group are you? Are you there to hike, hunt, fish, party, or just relax? Or a little bit of everything? Depending on this you want to choose a tent that will fit the main purpose and function. For example, if you’re out there to party, you should choose a tent with multiple entrances, extra space, and places to hang lights.
Here are a few of the most common questions people ask about 3 room tents – answered:
What is the best 3 room tent?
In my personal opinion, the best 3 room tent on the market is the CORE 12 person instant cabin tent.
What are the key features to look for in a 3 room tent?
Ensuring that the tent is ready for any weather situation is important. Make sure the tent has a rain fly, or if it does not, purchase one separately.
Some tents may be better suited with a separate ground tarp to lay underneath also, but it may be best to look for a tent that already has this attached.
Ventilation is an important factor, and so is comfort. The two come hand-in-hand and should be looked at alongside each other. Ensuring that you have closable windows and adjustable ventilation is critical.
Are pre-attached pole tents better than conventional setup tents?
Yes. Whether you’re an experienced camper or someone who is just getting started, tents with pre-attached poles (otherwise known as instant tents) are a better option.
They allow for easy construction of the tent in just a matter of minutes, and after practice, even faster!
The only real downside to an is that it’s heavier than a tent with standard poles. So, if you were looking for a , it might not be the best way to go.
But, a is going to be heavy whichever way you look at it, and chances are you’ll be , so you might as well go for an setup with .
Overall, the tents I’ve listed here are all great products fit for their purpose. But we must crown a winner!
The best 3 room tent for camping in a large group is the CORE 12 Person Instant Cabin Tent.
This tent has all the great features you need in a large tent, regardless of weather or function. It ticks all the boxes.
The high-quality material of the tent makes for a durable and remarkably stable tent even in the harshest winds.
If you’re tall, or a person in your group is tall, you’ll have no problem with this tent. It’s spacious in height and width allowing for the comfort of a home away from home.
Remember to prepare well for your trip and use the tips I’ve provided here. And most of all, enjoy yourself. Good luck out there!