There are so many great bloggers, YouTubers, podcasters, and photographers out there creating amazing outdoor content on a daily basis.
Not only did I want to personally get to know them better, but I also wanted to explore outdoor influences and passion for nature.
Thus, we’ve launched the I Love The Outdoors Interview Series.
If you are interested in participating in the series, please contact us and let us know!
Weekend Woman Warrior
1. Tell us a little about yourself. How old are you? Where are you from? Where do you live now? Are you married? Kids?
I live in Utah where I can enjoy the mountains year-round.
I run a blog at weekendwomanwarrior.com about my adventures and I write mysteries with an outdoor adventure theme under the name Lee Dawson.
2. What is your favorite outdoor activity?
Hiking, skiing, camping, backpacking, traveling, paddle boarding.
3. Where is your favorite trail?
I love the trails above the Brighton, Solitude, and Alta ski resorts.
Above the ski resorts, the trails often lead to old mines that I love to explore.
4. Where is your favorite camping spot?
Anywhere in the red rock in Southern Utah.
There’s a ton of BLM land you can camp on outside the parks.
5. What was your first outdoor memory as a kid?
My parents wouldn’t let me climb Angel’s Landing when I was three.
I was so mad. I have since climbed and have forgiven them.
6. What was your all-time best camping or hiking experience?
The first memory I have of loving the outdoors is my first experience at Zion hiking in the narrows. I couldn’t believe I got to walk in water and get all wet.
I still go back every few years so the little kid in me can play in the water. I got mad when they made me be carried.
7. What is your favorite piece of gear and why?
I love my Osprey daypack for hiking.
8. What outdoor places are on your bucket list?
I want to explore the jungles of Belize and tube through the underground caves.
9. What is your goal as an outdoor content creator? How can we support you and where can we find your content?
I am always looking to gain more followers and readers.
Weekend Woman Warrior – thanks for the great interview and participating in the I Love The Outdoors Interview!
If you are interested in participating and sharing your story, please contact us and let us know!
- I Love The Outdoors Interview #1 – Hiking With Shawn
- I Love The Outdoors Interview #2 – Brian Akerson
- I Love The Outdoors Interview #3 – Raised in Alaska
- I Love The Outdoors Interview #4 – Stefanie Payne
- I Love The Outdoors Interview #5 – She’s Going Solo
- I Love The Outdoors Interview #6 – Fat Man Little Trail
- I Love The Outdoors Interview #7 – Average Hiker
- I Love The Outdoors Interview #8 – Douglas Scott
- I Love The Outdoors Interview #9 – Hiking Autism
- I Love The Outdoors Interview #10 – Anusha From Taiwan Hikes
- I Love The Outdoors Interview #11 – Marjorie Turner Hollman
- I Love The Outdoors Interview #12 – William Macdonald
- I Love The Outdoors Interview #13 – Paul Fiarkoski